Monday, April 28, 2008

Crazy Co-workers

I have been having problems lately at work with someone who was my friend outside of the workplace. The past 2 weeks, she has been making up lies about me to managers, talking about me behind my back and most importantly trying to get me fired. She has been causing my life to be hell.

What I don't understand is that we work in different departments, it's not like she wants my job either. I find out today after all the things she has done to me, she is going on a job interview tomorrow because she is tired of the restaurant industry. So WHY try to sabotage my career??? These are the questions I ask myself when I lay awake at night for hours, stressed out about whether or not I'll have a job when I wake up.

So, today I get to work at 10am ready to start my 10 hr. shift. Everything is going great, and then she shows up. I typically try to ignore her, which is hard because we have been friends for 5 years. Anyway, it's nearing the end of my shift, my back hurts, my feet hurt, I'm ready to leave. I have 20 minutes left and SHE seats 2 people in my section. I go over to the table to find out its a business meeting (oh great!!!). So phone meetings, laptop set up and not wanting to eat right away take place. Finally, a hour and a half later they leave. Meanwhile, she has left as usual on time, and I get stuck working 11 and a half hours, as if 10 wasn't bad enough. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. I am praying she gets this job tomorrow.

Please hope for me, because I don't know how much longer I can last.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Da Old Man said...

I hope it works out for you.

Babchi said...

if she doesn't leave, you go looking for a new place. there is nothing worse than having to look at someone for more than 2 minutes who you know is sabotaging your position. obviously she is jealous of you, and she is small minded disrespecting you in this manner. i hope you have the courage to give her a piece of your mind and let her know you are aware of her unkindness and extremely disappointed in her.